• 자유게시판

사업설명 What Is Audi G28? History Of Audi G28

페이지 정보

profile_image
    작성자 Fidelia
    댓글 0건 조회 31회 작성일 24-07-25 17:13

본문

How to Replace an Audi G28 Engine Speed Sensor

Charles the Humble Technician shows you how to replace the G28 Engine Speed Sensor. This sensor is situated at the edge of transmission over the flywheel gear. It sends a signal to the ECU via a grey wire (T55/49) and then to the tachometer within the instrument cluster.

woman-showing-the-car-keys-2022-12-16-22-09-32-utc-min-scaled.jpg1. Engine Speed Sensor

The grey wire is situated on the outside of the transmission, directly above the flywheel ring. The sensor sends an electrical signal through the grey wire to pin T55/49. The ECU uses this information to regulate boost and fuel. It also sends an alert to the G5 Tachometer within the instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to correlate the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu needs to know when the crankshaft is TDC and the location of the camshaft so it can trigger spark and injectors in the right way.

If this sensor fails the ECU will display a P00160 code which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft are out of sync and possibly indicating the chain stretching or a jump link on the upper timing chain. However, the error code won't appear on its own, without additional information from other sensors (G4 and G40).

Testing is a bit tricky since there are two connector pins and they perform different functions but the best method to test it is to measure resistance between the sensor and the ECU. It should read about 1000 ohms when it is operating at its maximum. Examine for signs of coolant, or oil in the connector bay if there are problems with this part.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, when i was accelerating to the fullest speed from highway paytoll i had massive power loss like the engine is out of gas or the injectors aren't firing anymore. I pulled out the spark plugs this morning, 3 were drenched in gasoline and the fourth was dry. When i crank the engine without sparks, i place a tissue on top of each injector hole, the 3 drenched with gazoline pop out, but the 4th stays shut. I checked the ground connection on ECU pins 14/55/30/55/48/55/14/55/48/ I got 0ohm. I assume that the problem is somewhere else.

I also tried to reset the PID without success. The car will start when the G28 is unplugged, and it is running fine with the G28 plugged in. However, the intermittent misfire problem continues to occur at higher RPM. The coolant temperature sensor (G62) shows the wrong temperature of that is -49c even after unplugging it. I also noticed that the oil gauge in the cockpit shows 2 bar when the actual pressure is 0.

I'm not sure what to do, i think i've pretty much ruled out everything else. I'm afraid i may have missed something. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 gets a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style sensor is the same as the G4 and both function in the 80, 100, 200, UrS and RS2 cars so you can easily find one at a junkyard or from a parts store. It is easy to test them: simply put your DMM into resistance mode and test the distance between pins 1 and 2 (with the bump on the connector's edge facing upwards). They should be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

The ECU of our 20vt turbo (3B AAN ABY) engines must know the position and speed of the crankshaft to determine timing of the fuel injector, etc. To do this, it utilizes a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you have a problem with either one of these, the diagnostic scanner will display codes that could lead to an engine shut down.

A failing G28 sensor can cause an inaccurate gearbox speed counter or a gearbox that shifts more quickly than normal, and/or a misfire while in the gear. If you experience any of these problems, it is likely your sensor is deteriorating and requires replacement audi key cost uk; try these guys out,. The good news is that they are quite affordable and easily accessible, especially in the case of the Bosch model, which is what we have. Alternatively, GM's version of this part would be a good option.

5. Tachometer

A malfunctioning engine speed sensor could be the reason behind many issues with your car. It's a crucial component of the transmission in your audi spare key replacement because it relays information to the ECU about how fast or slowly the engine of the car is spinning. If this sensor fails, it can cause problems for the transmission as well as the rest of the car's components.

The G5 engine speed sensor is located on the outside of the transmission, above the flywheel ring gear. It sends a signal to the ECU at pin T55/49 through a grey wire. The ECU uses this signal to control the amount of fuel and boost, and also to timigrate. It also transmits it to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can check the sensor for failure by examining the continuity between it and the tachometer, between ECU pin T55/49 and the instrument cluster connection via pin T6a/1 (trace [79trace [79]) as well as between T6a/1, and the instrument cluster pin T26a/12. You should detect an average resistance of 1000 ohms between these points. This is the same across the Audi 80-100-200-RS2 model, ranging beginning with the 1985 MC and up to the 1997 UrS An and 1995 RS2 Du, so you might find them in wrecking yards.Mazda-3D-Black.png

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.